advice for academia

I've spent much of the summer thinking about, reflecting on, and even worrying about the next steps in my career. Finishing the Ph.D. was wonderful and slightly disorienting, just like all big changes.

Two books that I appreciate knowing about but am not reading in full:

Caplan, Paula J. Lifting a Ton of Feathers: A Woman's Guide to Surviving in the Academic World
This book cites tons of research, much of it so very depressing. Great resource, but not the right read for me right now.

Maack and Passet. Aspirations and Mentoring in an Academic Environment: Women Faculty in Library and Information Science.
This one is more fruitful reading for me, and if it weren't so expensive I'd have already bought a copy. As it is, I know I'll be referring to it again because it's so specific to my field.

Popular posts from this blog

What Storytelling Is (Not)

ALA and the Data Storytelling Toolkit for Librarians

Data Storytelling for Librarians, Augusta Baker Series 2023