letting books and even projects go

If I had time to write that paper I wanted to write about the history of how food production is portrayed in children's literature, I'd go back to these sources:

Stoll, The Fruits of Natural Advantage: Making the Industrial Countryside in California
Recommended by L. B-K. who would know!

Iatridis, Teaching Science to Children (2nd ed., 1993)
Has a heavy focus on evaluative criteria and a very lightweight scope and intellectual depth. For example, "evolution" does not appear in the index.

Finishing the Ph.D., there seemed to be a scarcity of topics. Now I'm finding such abundance that I'm actually giving projects away to others. I recently handed off a whole folder of database search printouts to a deserving doctoral student. If I can't do it, then I hope somebody will tackle this project sometime.

I'm on two other tracks right now: children as readers from 1890-1930 and evolution in children's books from the same period.

Popular posts from this blog

What Storytelling Is (Not)

ALA and the Data Storytelling Toolkit for Librarians

Data Storytelling for Librarians, Augusta Baker Series 2023