Things I'm not reading: Storytelling

Monday I heard 8 stories told in class. Tuesday I heard 8 more. Then, 30 minutes after Tuesday's class, I went to the storytelling guild meeting and heard another 6 or so stories told. And, of course, as happens every time I teach this class and am immersed in this world, I am suddenly seeing narrative all around me.

In my immediate environment, there are giants. Many giants. There are quests, like the quests of job applicants for positions in our department. I'm on a quest to develop and respect my own research agenda, which takes the strength of a hero. And I am dragon or champion in the stories of so many others.

This course always affects the time I can put into reading, because I become so saturated with narrative...

Popular posts from this blog

What Storytelling Is (Not)

ALA and the Data Storytelling Toolkit for Librarians

Data Storytelling for Librarians, Augusta Baker Series 2023